Leading Australian food producer Colonial Farms engaged Oomiak to design, install and commission the refrigeration system to serve their new production plant in Broadmeadows, Victoria.
Colonial Farms manufacturers value added frozen meal and snack products, mainly beef and chicken.
The facility at Broadmeadows allows production capacities to significantly increase beyond Colonial Farms previous Hadfield site production capacity. This is achieved through the installation of additional processing equipment and improved floor layout for better product flows.
The production facility is served by a totally new refrigeration plant which was designed and installed by Oomiak in 2014.
Objectives for the new refrigeration plant include:
- Sufficient compressor redundancy to allow for any machine to be out of service without undue impact on production capacity
- Compressor combination designed to efficiently meet all load scenarios including during light load non-production and light load periods
- Ability to expand to accommodate the addition of future process equipment
- Ensure completed works enable Colonial Farms to meet their safety compliance obligations
Oomiak’s work included the installation of the following plant and machinery:
- 5 Oomiak built compressor sets
- 2 Condensers
- 12 under ceiling evaporators