This is a growth area of Oomiak’s business as customers look to know more about their facilities. Our advice is sought for such diverse purposes as planning capital investment, process analysis, energy reduction, and establishing a baseline for performance benchmarking.
We apply a technical, practical and business approach to all aspects of our consultancy services. Our clients receive information that can shape the future of their businesses.
Plant Safety (Compliance) Audits
Carried out in accordance with AS5149:2016 and where applicable the International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration Checklists. Also covers AS/NZS 3666:2011. Associated codes include AS3788:2006 (relief valve inspection) and AS4041:2006 (pressure piping)
- Building considerations and access
- Electrical safety devices
- General condition and operation
- Instructions and signage
- Mechanical safety devices
- Personal protective equipment
- Piping and valve systems
- Pressure equipment and vessels
- Ventilation and detection
In general, our approach is as follows:
- Undertake design heat load assessment
- Estimate installed equipment capacity
- Assessment of installed plant and equipment as to condition compliance and suitability
- Identify any safety and operational risks
- Provide a detailed report with recommendations as to actions necessary to meet compliance obligations and improve plant reliability and performance
A full ammonia safety audit should be carried out every five years.
Plant Efficiency Audits
For many customers the refrigeration plant represents a major consumer of electrical energy as a proportion of the total energy used on site. Rising electrical prices due to a number of factors along with fierce competition in industry means it is imperative that refrigeration plants incorporate energy efficient features at the same time as being cost effective to implement and operate.
It is also important that refrigeration plants are correctly maintained to ensure that the original level of efficiency is sustained throughout the life of the installation and where necessary, items are upgraded or replaced when new cost-effective technology becomes available.
Oomiak’s energy efficiency audits have been used by many customers and provide the opportunity to explore solutions to improve plant efficiency, lower electrical power consumption and improve plant reliability.
Other Oomiak Engineering Advice Services
- Engineering Design
- Equipment Selections
- Plant and associated equipment drawings (drafting)
- Pressure vessel design
- Refrigeration Training (Both Ammonia and Freon)
- Relocation plans
- Used plant evaluation