Penfold Wines wanted to consolidate and upgrade their refrigeration plant at the Nuriootpa site to release room for expansion whilst at the same time ensuring there is sufficient overall cooling capacity to meet production heat loads.
Key project objectives included:
- Consolidation of all ammonia refrigeration systems to one area
- Removal of brine chiller and buffer tanks from some areas
- Provide a common brine reticulation circuit to serve entire winery
- Upgrade of main refrigeration plant brine chilling capacity through the installation of new accumulator vessel into plant room and a second plate heat exchanger
- Continuity of business operations through the project works with minimal disruption to operation