Run by passionate wine experts, Wine Storage Logistics (WSL) is a wine storage and transport facility that incorporates state-of-the-art technology to make sure the wine is kept at its best.
Working on an existing bulk bottled wine storage room at their Edinburgh Park facility, Oomiak helped with the temperature control.
The specific needs that WSL had, meant that Oomiak needed to create a unique system and approach to match. WSL needed temperature controlling within their storage facility, which contains 8,000 pallets of bottled wine – while maintaining maximum temperature of 18°C with an upper limit of 20°C. The solution we crafted was to implement a stand-alone refrigerated, reticulated chilled water solution to provide effective cooling across the space.
To facilitate this, the Oomiak team implemented:
- A packaged air-cooled water chiller set, which is located externally to the building
- A series of fan coil units located centrally down the central spine truss of the building and discharging east and west across the space
- Chilled water reticulation system to connect all cooling equipment
- Associated electrics and control to provide automatic operation
- Additional temperature displays to provide accurate temperature readings from the centre of the product stack
The SA team had a great time with this project, tailoring for specific needs we were able to meet expectations all while providing efficiency and cost-effectiveness.