Asahi have undertaken a major capacity expansion at their Melbourne brewery.
The expansion involved the re-design of their glycol and chilled water cooling plant and included;
- 700 kW increase in compressor capacity with swing duty for extra redundancy
- 20 kl chilled water buffer storage
- 2 x 40 kl chilled glycol buffer storage
- New glycol and chilled water distribution pump systems
- Control, electrical and SCADA improvements
Oomiak’s works were undertaken around Asahi’s ongoing business activities.
The resulting increase in brewing capacity increased plant reliability and provided a general improvement to refrigeration service reliability.