Oomiak provided all mechanical services, cooling, heating and air distribution systems for Baiada Poultry’s new ‘Country Road’ chicken hatchery in Tamworth, northern New South Wales – a flagship facility for the company.
The incubation and hatching of eggs is a precise and sensitive process designed to replicate the function of the ‘mother hen’. Any significant fluctuations in temperature and humidity can have an impact on the process and hence the quality of the chick.
In both design and implementation, Oomiak met every requirement for functionality, quality, reliability, redundancy and cost effectiveness, ensuring product integrity in line with the customer’s quality standards.
Specifically, challenges were to:
- protect from the egg-hatching process through to the production of day-old chicks against any variance in storage conditions at all times
- ensure sufficient capacity to meet all aspects of the conditions, and configure available cooling, heating and air distribution capacity to minimise risk from individual component failure
- guarantee access to 24/7 service and parts supply to support the plant
- ensure compatibility with other critical risk management services and code compliance in all aspects of system design and equipment
- select materials and refrigerants according to environmental responsibility.