Oomiak worked with Perkins Builders to extend the existing Woolworth Meat’s Bunbury facility to meet future growth needs of the supermarket chain.
This unique project enabled Woolworths to consolidate its lamb and beef business to a single modern facility in the South West of Western Australia.
A priority for the project was to make the best use of all existing plant and infrastructure in meeting the total site refrigeration requirements. Additionally, new equipment needed to be of compatible type to that already in place.
Oomiak was responsible for:
- ensuring the standard of workmanship and equipment is consistent with the existing
- delivering the project in line with stated project delivery schedules
- achieving expansion without undue impact on existing facility operations
- designing the pipework circuit so that existing plantroom suction and other operating conditions are maintained
- configuring new plant and equipment to lower operational risk where practical
- maintaining a 24/7 reliable operation
- ensuring the facility is electrically efficient
- making all equipment, materials and workmanship code compliant
- ensuring the quality of delivered product meets planned life expectancy
- supporting the facility post contract as and when required.