Rand Transport is a leading national refrigerated transport, cold storage and distribution services provider.
Oomiak was engaged to design and install the refrigeration services for Rand’s refrigerated distribution facility in Direk, South Australia.
The 10,500m² facility includes office, chiller, freezer, truck wash and warehouse. The total refrigerated space is 7,500m² with allowance for future expansion to 10,000m².
The large cross-docking facilities enable the storage of both short and long term refrigerated product.
Oomiak’s work included the design and installation of refrigeration systems to support multi temperature rooms capable of operating at temperatures between -30°C and +15°C. The design of the system also allows for the addition of future plant and equipment in line with future expansion of the freezer areas.
The system installed has been designed to incorporate the most energy efficient technologies and benefits available, these include:
- Generous evaporator surface areas
- Floating discharge pressure control and variable speed drive condenser fans
- Floating evaporator pressure control
- Intelligent room temperature and fan speed control
- Efficient sequence and capacity control of compressors
- Line sizes designed to minimise pressure losses