With a focus on sustainability, family, and being independently owned, Metcash is Australia’s leading wholesale distribution company – backing some of Australia’s most successful independent retail brands.
Undertaking major ceiling replacement works at their facility in Crestmead in QLD, upgrades to their cross-dock area fell under this umbrella. The Oomiak team utilised their extensive experience in concept development and installation to meet the requirements of the client.
Our ability to deliver the services required was heightened due to our capacity to understand and effectively support the installations carried out. With this, the Oomiak team executed the following works:
To the existing cross-dock
- Remove penthouse consisting of 4 off fans, evaporator coil, floor grating, and all support hangers
- Alter the PLC program to accommodate changes to the system
- Commission evaporators
The new cross-dock freezer/chiller
- Install an ammonia (NH3) evaporator
- Install low temperature suction line from main header
- Install valving
- Install metal-clad insulation to the suction line
- Make changes to PLC