Having previously worked with Linfox, Oomiak was well-equipped to tackle the specific scope within its new Adelaide Freight Terminal distribution centre in Regency Park, SA.
Understanding Linfox’s specific needs was pivotal to the success of our solution. Oomiak thoroughly reviewed project requirements, relevant building drawings, and undertook our own review of heat loads, prioritising conversations with the relevant Linfox team members to achieve a sound knowledge of what was required.
To support Linfox’s establishment of this new facility, Oomiak executed an Ammonia-based, two-stage refrigeration system. We looked to meet immediate and emerging demands, with the project scope including:
- Low-charge Ammonia-based system
- Long-life and low servicing costs
- Safe, reliable and energy efficient design
- Serving every non-freezer area with a secondary refrigerant to minimise Ammonia charge and staff exposure
Some additional measures we took to boost the efficiency of Linfox’s site included:
- Assisted defrosting for better efficiency and reliability
- Installation of a Direct Expansion (DX) system to further improve the site’s energy efficiency
- Sub-cooling to increase the capacity of the site’s evaporators
Oomiak helped meet Linfox’s requirements to ensure the new Adelaide Freight Terminal distribution centre runs efficiently, safely, and reliably – great work to all involved.